Town & Country Animal Hospital, Inc. is proud to have 5 veterinarians on staff to serve your pet’s needs.
James E. Radcliffe, DVM (Owner/President)
Born and raised in Wheeling, WV, being a veterinarian was Dr. Radcliffe’s dream since the age of twelve. He graduated from Triadelphia High School, West Virginia University (B.S. in Animal Science), and Purdue University’s School of Veterinary Medicine (1979). After working for another local veterinarian for a little over a year, Dr. Radcliffe decided to open his own veterinary clinic in 1981. There he administered veterinary care as a solo practitioner for both large and small animals and provided emergency care 24/7. Due to the addition of another doctor and the upgrading of equipment and diagnostic tools, the animal clinic became Town and Country Animal Hospital in 1986 when it moved to its current location.
Dr. R, as he is called at the hospital, is a member of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), the West Virginia Veterinary Medical Association, the Wheeling Valley Veterinary Medical Association (Past President), and the Scottish Deerhound Club of America.
Dr. Radcliffe has served as an instructor for the Canaan Valley Equine Seminar; Adult Education at Garrett Community College in Oakland, MD; and Bethany College in Bethany, WV. He has also been the guest speaker for the Scottish Deerhound National Specialty; the Whippet National Specialty; The Saluki National Specialty; the Annual Golden Gathering in Wheeling; “Greyhounds Reach the Beach” in Dewey Beach, DE; “Sandy Paws” in Jekyll Island, GA; the National Mended Hearts Association convention in San Antonio, TX, speaking on the health benefits of pet ownership; and Pfizer Animal Health, speaking on topics such as geriatrics, performance injuries, canine physical rehabilitation, pain management, and Stem Cell Therapy.
Married in 1976 to his best friend, Judy, they have one daughter, Abigail (1981) who was married in 2007. He enjoys the companionship of two greyhounds, Sysco and Angel, and his hobbies include reading, gardening, romping with the hounds, and engaging in “face time” with his grandsons, Nicholas Joseph Lopez II (Born 2009) and James Anthony Lopez (Born 2011).
Jennifer L. Stout, DVM
- B.S. in science with a focus in biology from Purdue University, School of Science
- Purdue University, School of Veterinary Medicine graduate (1999)
- Associate Veterinarian at Fairmont Veterinary Hospital in Clarksburg, WV (1999-August 2008)
- Married to Ohio Valley native, Travis Stout
- 2 young sons: Caden and Brennan
Amanda Castle, DVM
- Worked as a Veterinary Assistant for 4 years in the Wheeling area while attending college and veterinary school
- Operating Room Technician for 4 years at Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center
- B.S in Microbiology with a minor in Chemistry from West Liberty State College
- 2009 graduate of University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine
- 2009 Externship at Town & Country Animal Hospital
- Married to Wheeling area native, Keith Castle
- Hobbies include hiking, biking, soccer, roller blading, horseback riding, crafts, traveling, reading, and music as well as caring for her pets
Anthony Flores, DVM, Ph. D